Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Baileys Marvel-fruit above and BELOW graft..

Posted by stanofh (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 16:25

That crazy tree's fruiting is still ongoing. Two small mangos-pea sized,but growing below graft, and many above the graft. As usual,I would hope for a few to hold on.
WHAT is Baileys grafted on anyways?..Is it the same as what they grown here in the Coachella Valley commercially?
If you need pics as proof..otherwise, its like I said-lol.

btw We are on a very nice run of sunny-mild-to warm -to hot weather...its the S.F. bay area way.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Baileys Marvel-fruit above and BELOW graft..

if it was grafted by a retail nursery its probably turpentine.

seedling mangos that have a turpentine flavor and usually stringy fruit make the most preferable pest resistant rootstock, they may not even develop to be large fruit because it is a seedling, I was told turpentine doesnt always come consistently true, but because they usually carry the turpentine trait they make good rootstock

o
RE: Baileys Marvel-fruit above and BELOW graft..

You should take a snap of that; it's quite rare.

Jeff

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here