Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Lychee Tree with Brown Leaves Needs Help!!

Posted by iudi316 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 14 at 17:26

All-

About a month ago I bought a lychee tree from a very reputable grower. Within a week or two of planting, the leaves started turning brown and falling off. The tree is now almost completely barren of leaves. I live in West Palm Beach FL.

What happened? Can I save it?

I watered it regularly, so I don�t think that is it. I had to use some sand/soil from another part of my yard to help fill in the whole around the root ball. And it was very windy on the day we planted it and for a few days afterwards.

Any help would be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Lychee Tree with Brown Leaves Needs Help!!

Not sure but it looks like not enough water...planting a lychee tree this time of year you might need to water the tree at least once a day or even 2x a day...at least for me here in Central FL, we've been in the 90's almost every day mostly for the month of May. Lychee also hates wind...anything stronger than 15 miles an hour when very young or newly planted. New growths are very wind sensitive till the tree gets established about 2 years or so...if possible water often, Lychee trees love water and need protection from the wind.

Here's my wind protection I built when my tree was small/young

I also attached a link from lycheesonline.com about protecting them from wind....Good luck!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lycheesonline...Wind Protection

o
RE: Lychee Tree with Brown Leaves Needs Help!!

Sorry Double post...

This post was edited by puglvr1 on Tue, Jun 3, 14 at 12:01

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here