Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pest Control

Posted by pj1881 10a PBC Fla. (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 24, 11 at 18:00

Maybe this guy will help control my pests!

Bring it on squirrel!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pest Control

Yikes. I'd rather have the squirrels.

Jeff

o

Yeah me too!!! I hate snakes as much as alligators!

o

Is that a coral snake? I'd be scared to have one of the snakes with the most potent venom in North America in my backyard.

o

if red touches black, you're okay Jack; if red touches yellow, you're a dead fellow."

i can never remember this limerick.

o

• Posted by pj1881 10a PBC Fla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Jun 25, 11 at 6:03

Believe it or not, this is the third sighting in five years in my yard.. They are actually very timid and their venom is released from the rear of their jaw, so it makes it harder for their tiny mouth to bite a human, short of getting you in the web of your hand!

This guy was twice as big as yesterdays picture.. Anyone for Passion Fruit? I think I see one that fell between the wood and chainlink fences!!

o

Nice coral snake......venemous, yes......but cute and fun to pay with too!

o

OMG!! I hate snakes too...scared to death of them. Needless to say when I scrolled down to the last picture I literally jumped from my chair! Thanks for the scare,lol...

o

Red touch black, good for Jack...

Red touch yellow, kill a fellow.

I once had one in the woods near my foot, and I said in my head, "Red, yellow, black Jack..." and shot the damn thing.

I too have heard that it's hard for a human to get bitten by one, but IF "I" see one the only thing it will get is the back end of my shovel, that is unless I'm armed :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here