Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gnappi_gw

Mango thieves

gnappi
11 years ago

Well here it is again, the time of the year that everyone who doesn't want to pay for things they want decide to take what I have. My Julie and unnamed cultivar were stripped of half of my mangos.

My trees are nowhere near a sidewalk, and the freeloaders pranced into my yard and helped themselves to all they could carry. Forget that my Julie only had a dozen or so, and the other barely more than that, these people felt "I" had no right to what I planted and cared for.

Little do they know that I have a video surveillance system and actually saw them in broad daylight.

Next year I'm going to put a fence around the tree, GADS, I'm so ticked off!!!

Comments (6)

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

I am So Sorry gnappi!! I HATE thieves!! I don't blame you one bit for being so mad...I would have been so furious too!! All the care and TLC that goes into growing those trees and they just take it without any regard or respect for things that don't belong to them...its just awful! I hope you find out who they are!

Did you put a sign in your yard that you had a video camera? Sounds like these people are completely fearless and very selfish.

• mangodog
    11 years ago

Will you report this to the police?

(I would!)

mangodawg

• gnappi
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Oh yeah, the police are going to do a lot of good. I had a break in 5 years ago, two snotty 20 something girls from an affluent neighborhood (driving a volvo to rip me off) were caught, they could have served 60 years (weapons charges and found guilty), not including other robberies the same week nearby, and a sorry for them bleeding heart judge gave one girl a stern admonishing and the other one year parole.

If I were a Cop I'd spend the day at the beach and turn off the radio... they should all do that, they're wasting their time arresting crooks.

• brute
    11 years ago

Did your surveillance camera actually record their image? Were you or any of your family home at the time? Can you describe the perps to us, or better yet, post their photo?
    Years ago I bought a handy gadget call "Driveway Patrol" for about $30. It comes in two pieces, one is a small motion detector, powered by a 9v battery, and sends a radio signal to the receiver. This receiver will chime when something passes in front of the motion detector. I love this thing!
    The Driveway Patrol device has enabled me to catch numerous "perps" in the act of raiding my fruit trees, and act for which they paid with their lives when I slipped outside with my rifle.
    By the way, all the deceased "perps" were four-legged. Fortunately, my wonderful little rural neighborhood doesn't have any "two-legged perps" operating here for the time being.
    Knock on wood!
    Anyway, that "Driveway Patrol" contraption might be something you should look into.

• Kevin Reilly
    11 years ago

You should at least be able to file a police report on line. Takes a few minutes to do and creates a record of what happened.

Cameras have to have a really clear image of the face of the perps or they are no good to police.

Sorry this happened.

• brute
    11 years ago

Here's that cheap security gadget I mentioned.