Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Good sign for next year I hope

Posted by jsvand5 (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 19:17

I was just out back pulling a few of the thousands of weeds when I noticed this on my grafted bangkok Lemon. Just a couple male flowers but hopefully that means I will at least have a shot at a fruit next season. The trunk is probably about as thick as a beer bottle.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Good sign for next year I hope

Cool. Is it in ground or in a container?

o

It's in the ground. I figured to get it to fruit in a pot I would probably need a pot that was too big to move so I just planted it. If this one fruits next season I may chop down my Gold nugget. It's about the same size as the bangkok lemon, but it is taking up way too much room in the GH and I think one Jackfruit is probably plenty with my very limited space. The Bangkok lemon is supposed to taste better than the Gold nugget right?

o

I hope not!!!!!!!! LOL!

o

Well, Sheehan says that the Bangkok Lemon is the best tasting jak ever.....so, you'll be fine, Jay, with your Gold Nugget.

Harry

o

It is a bit concerning that Sheehan likes it. I guess you have not tried it Harry? Hopefully both will fruit next season for me so it will make the decision easier.

o

Nice,
have you been giving it ferts? I have a cochen that bloomed last year but so far, nothing this, probably too young.

Unfortunately my grafted Bangkok lemon died this past winter and attempts to regraft have failed so far.

-Ethan

o

That makes me feel much better Harry. Thanks! John...I'd be worried!

o

I haven't done anything to the tree. No water, fertilizer, or any special care. About the only thing I do to it is lop off the top few feet every winter so it will fit under the greenhouse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here