Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New avocado leaves shriveling

Posted by Lillz none (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 24, 13 at 19:30

This is a plant outside. It doesn't get direct sunlight but seems to get enough sun. It gets water often, but not too much. This wilting has never happened to me before.... The only thing I can think of is that it got down to 39 degrees about a week ago and I didn't bring it in, although none of the older leaves seem effected, nor those upper baby leaves that are slightly cut off.... what do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/5LCIGeA.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New avocado leaves shriveling

Liliz, your avocado doesn't look too bad. You may have noticed a little less healthier older leaves as the new leaves push out. The older leaves will eventually dry up and die off to make way for the new leaves to grow. I notice a little dry tip on the new growth .. not sure if that was the case as it was a little hard to see clearly. If you keep the plant hydrated, I think it should be ok. As far as I'm concerned, you have a nice looking plant there and it should do well. As to the cold, I think young plants tend to be a little more sensitive than the older ones. If in doubt, just get it indoors if you think it's too cold outside. This time of the year, it should be rather warm for all plants ... so what's your planting zone?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here