Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any online sources for grafted Cherimoya's?

Posted by jsvand5 FL (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 27, 09 at 21:37

Right now I am on the hunt for cherimoya's. So far the only online source I have found for grafted plants is buying from ebay at insane prices. Anyone know of a nursery that ships them? I am looking for a honeyheart, Booth, El bumpo, and maybe a pierce. I tried Ong's, but he said he only had large plants available.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any online sources for grafted Cherimoya's?

They grow easily and quickly from seeds.

They are not often offered for sale in Florida since they are not considered here except for collectors.. They are said to not like our humidity, and there are no pollinators..

I think I got my oldest one from Excalibur Nursery in Lake Worth. But, it might be one of my seed-grown ones. I lost track, and tags, during/after the hurricanes.

They told me it would never fruit here. Well, I'm glad the tree did not hear them, as it has lots of fruits on it now, and I did not hand-pollinate it.

I'm in Jupiter, and I think the dry weather this spring has agreed with the Cherimoya.

Lisa

o

I have a few seedlings and one grafted Fino de jete, but I am looking for a few other named varieties now. Your tree is actually one of the reasons I decided to try cherimoya's. I figure even if the production is not as good as it would be in a more perfect climate for them I should still be able to get at least a few fruit. I am not looking for commercial production. A few fruit a year per tree and I'd be happy. I checked with Excalibur, but they said they don't carry them anymore. There are some on ebay, but they are $100 shipped. That's a bit much for me, but if there is no other option I'll probably end up breaking down and getting at least one.

o

The only ones I found was probably the same ones you seen on ebay Socal Nursery I think was the sellers name?

o

yep, that's the guy I was talking about. Isn't there a california version of Pine Island nursery? I have to think there are at least a few mail of CA nurseries.

o

Ok so I called my cousin in Hawaii so called my other cousin in Cali and he said to try these two http://encantofarms.com has at least 10 varieties.

http://encantofarms.com/frts6143.html

http://www.lavernenursery.com/ has Chaffey , El Bumpo & Honey Heart.

Hope that helps

o

Encanto won't ship them, but I'll check out the other one. Thanks.

o

Seriously? This is what it says on their site.

We ship to all 50 states. We are not able to ship outside of the United States.

o

• Posted by tammysf 9b/10a or sz15/16 (My Page) on
    Mon, Jun 29, 09 at 21:08

Laverne is wholesaler and will most likely not ship out of state.

I had a hard enough time getting them to truck 36 tropical trees to nor california.

o

I talked to encanto and was told they are too big to ship. I think they mainly ship fig cuttings and small plants. I think I'll just give ebay a try and cut my wish list down to one or two plants.

o

Jesus you werent kidding John why is so hard to get a grafted Cherimoya tree.

o

• Posted by tammysf 9b/10a or sz15/16 (My Page) on
    Tue, Nov 30, 10 at 0:05

roger meyer has a bunch of varieties and will ship them out of california.

Here is his email: xotcfruit@yahoo.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here