Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sugar Apples Updates

Posted by ch3rri z6 PA (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 0:16

Here is the lastest update of my sugar apple trees and seedlings. They are doing very well with tons of flower on my Canadian sugar apple and one fruit on the Thai Lessard. My seed grown Canadian sugar apple have 4 fruits forming with more flowers. The best part is I didn't hand pollinate them. I think the bees or flies helped with the pollination. Now you'll be more surprised if you scroll down and look at the sugar apple seedlings. Some are over 2 ft tall and some still only 1-1 1/2 ft tall. Three are from Vietnam seeds and 3 from mauve sugar apple seeds from florida. The mauve sugar apple seedlings grow slower than the seeds from Vietnam. Can you see the flowers on the seedlings? All the seedlings have flowers on them! I think it might be because I've been feeding kool bloom fertilizer.:) The seedlings were planted on 9/08. So these seedlings will be two years old in September. Because my sugar apples are growing so well and my first fruit was great, I decided to plant more. I started some sugar apple seeds again in my mini greenhouse on May 22nd with a couple of cherimoya seeds. They are now 5-7 inches. I will have to transplant them soon. :)

Photobucket

Here is a link that might be useful: More pictures

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sugar Apples Updates

Kristi,
Thats it!! Now I need some sugar apple seedlings! I have a ton of seed to plant. Nic Job! Where are you going to have the space for all those?
Andrew

o
RE: Sugar Apples Updates

Ch3rri what exactly is a Canadian sugar apple?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here