Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ice cream bean (inga feuillei) - for trade

Posted by jacob13 (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 0:44

Hello Friends,

I have an Ice Cream Bean tree that I am wanting to Trade. This Variety is "Inga Feuillei" and when it comes time to fruiting, it is the variety that will have absolutely huge pods. In a 5 gallon pot, it is about 6' Feet tall and absolutely Gorgeous. I put a broom next to it so that you have a reference point with regards to size so that you can see how really big it really is. It is super lush, green, and healthy as you can see in the pictures. I have a couple of these trees so I would like to get rid of this one for something else. I would like to trade for some other tropical fruit tree. If you are interested, please make an offer for trade. I am open to shipping or pick-up.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Again, if anyone is interested in a Trade, please let me know what you got.

Thanks,

Jacob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ice cream bean (inga feuillei) - for trade

What general region are you in? I've heard of this plant but never seen it locally.

o

I live in Southern California, but I am open to shipping as well as pick-up

- Jacob

o

Ah, so am I. I am in OC, not sure about you. I don't have anything for trade but if you can't find any traders I might be interested in buying it (need to do some research first).

o

• Posted by jun_ 8a-9b (My Page) on
    Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 2:44

is there anything you're interested in in particular?

o

Not anything in particular, but something tropical or subtropical. Make me an offer of what you've got and we can talk. I want a "Tropic Pink" Guava,

Thanks,

Jacob

o

• Posted by jun_ 8a-9b (My Page) on
    Wed, Jul 13, 11 at 3:18

I want a pink guava too! all I've got are seedling stage white sapote, cherimoya, jakfruit, dragonfruit. it wouldn't be an even trade. I have the rest of my trade list posted.

o

Hey Jun,

I actually have some smaller Ice Cream Bean plants that I can trade you for 1 of your white sapote seedlings if that is okay with you. It is about 8" inches tall and nice and healthy. Let me know if you are interested in the trade.

Thanks,

Jacob

o

Jacob,

If you have a smaller plant for trade, I would be interested. I could trade some Taro plant divisions around fall. Have others as well. Still waiting on Acai seeds right now, will update you when they come in.

-Stephen

o

Hey Stephen,

I definitely have a smaller plant that is all yours. Not to worry my friend, I will put it aside for you and send it when I get the chance. I guarantee you that it will be as big as the one in the above picture by this same time next year. Talk to you soon my friend. Also, I am looking for a "Tropic Pink" Guava if you or anyone you know has one available.

Thanks,

Jacob

o

• Posted by jun_ 8b-9a (My Page) on
    Thu, Jul 14, 11 at 19:26

hi Jacob, I can definitely trade a white sapote for an ice cream bean, if you have more than one to share.

is the tropic pink guava more frost tolerant than say a ruby pink? I plan to buy a pink guava and maybe try to air layer some.

o

Hey Jun,

Sounds good to me, why don't you e-mail me your shipping information so that I can send it off to you. That way, I can give you my information as well.

Jacob

o

• Posted by jun_ 8b-9a (My Page) on
    Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 0:59

i emailed you yesterday, check your spam folder, that's where my gardenweb emails usually end up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here