Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Pics of New and Old Plants

Posted by jacob13 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 27, 10 at 3:46

Hello Friends,

Here are some recent pictures of some new and existing Fruit trees:

Sweetheart Lychee - Is currently Flushing and Producing Flowers? Is this fairly uncommon for Lychees to be Flowering this time of year? What do you think Harry?

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

My Mauritius Flushing and Flowering as well:

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

"Black Pearl" Wax Jambu Fruiting:

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Strawberry Tree (Mutingia Calabura) Fruiting:

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

"San Pablo" Custard Apple:

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Rollinia Deliciosa Tree - Is 5' Feet tall but dropped all of its leaves when re-potted. It is currently bouncing back and growing new leaves and branches from the bottom up. The top of the tree is about 6" inches past the white tag:

Photobucket">

Smaller Rollinia (2'-3' Feet):

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

My Sapodilla Flushing and Flowering. The Flowers are going to open any day now. Its hard to see but there is about 30 or more flowers.

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Thai-Lessard Sugar Apple

Photobucket">

Unknown Seedling Suger Apple

Photobucket">

Che Berry or Melon Berry Tree - Sorry so hard to see, its in my greenhouse and it was getting dark.

Photobucket">

Ice Cream Bean Tree - I have about 2 Dozen seedlings if anyone is interested in trading:

Photobucket">

A couple small Fino de Jete Cherimoya seedlings

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

"Tabouey x J-30" Jakfruit Seedliong progress. I stil have a few if anyone is interested:

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Starfruit Tree - It used to be 9' Feet tall but had to be chopped to be shipped. Look how nice and fat the trunk is, at least 2" inches. It should bounce back nicely!

Photobucket">

New Picture of my Green Sapote. It has put on about 4" to 5" inches since I last posted and about 5 to 6 leaves.

Photobucket">

Here are some Pictures of my Grafted White's Cherimoya (about 5' feet tall) tree, in case you missed them in my other thread. You can see the flowers and even a fruit in the 2nd and 3rd pics.

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

Photobucket">

I also have a 5' foot Grumichama Cherry but it got too dark and the pictures didn't come out.

I also just just got a 2nd Rambutan tree (grafted), a Pulasan, a Marang, and Pedalai tree. Unfortunately, I was unable to find my camera and was using my Nephew's Playschool Kid's camera, so I wasn't able to take pictures of everything before it got too dark as the Flash was not working very well. I will be posting them very soon.

I am also looking for a Pickering Mango tree. Anyone have any suggestions? Remember, I am in California so Pine Island is way too expensive, and Nipa Hut no longer Ships to California as of about a month ago.

Thanks,

Jacob

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Pics of New and Old Plants

Jacob,

Great pictures, do you grow all your annona fruit in containers? If so, what size container and how does your fruit production turn out?

I would be interested in trading for a ice cream bean seedling, I can PM with some of the stuff I can offer.

o

Its unfortunate we are limited with mango selection down here in California. I looked long and hard as well for a Pickering mango, because I was interested in adding another good condo mango (I have just a Julie). I believe plantogram still ships to CA.

Plantogram had Fairchild last time I checked, which would make a great addition in place of Pickering. There is also a CRFG event coming up in August at Cal Poly Pomona. There should be lots of rare fruit plants there, and you may be able to find a Pickering Mango there.

o

Nullzero,

Thanks for your comments and compliments. As for my Annonas, Yes I grow all of them in Containers. Almost all of them are in at least 15 gallon or 30 gallon containers, with the exception of a couple that are still small enough for smaller containers. They all seem to be pretty happy and are growing quite nicely. Right now I have a "Kampong Mauve" Sugar Apple, White's Cherimoya, "Genova Red" Ilama, a couple of Rollinia Deliciosas, a Green Sugar Apple, a smaller Thai-Lessard Sugar apple which is still in a 5 gallon due to its size, and another unknown seedling in a 1 gallon.

This year is the first time they have flowered heavily and will hopefully get some fruit, but I haven't got any fruit yet, but I don't think it is because of the container because they look and seem very happy and healthy and are growing very well.

As for the Mangos, I agree that the selection out here in California is Horrible. The only Variety you can find at any Nursery is the Manila. I am planning on going to the Festival of Fruit and hopefully there will be some other varieties for sale there. I kind of have my Heart set on a Pickering so that is what I am looking for. Email me so that we can talk and I can get you an Ice Cream Bean seedling. These suckers grow so fast, it's really incredible.

Thanks again and talk to you soon!

Jacob

o

Beautiful plants! No, I haven't ever seen a Sweetheart bloom off season, or any other lychee for that matter.....at least they don't do that here in Florida. I suppose the cooler drier days in Claifornia tricked the tree into going into bloom. It will be interesting to see if fruits set. Keep us posted.

Harry

o

Jacob,
You have a very nice selection there. Wow! I hope you get a lot of fruit. Congratulations on having so many things blossom!

o

Jacob,

I sent an email through gardenweb system, did you receive it? I have named varieties of dragon fruit cuttings I can offer for a trade.

o

Nullzero,

I have not received an e-mail yet. What Varieties do you have?

Jacob

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here