Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Any damage to your tropicals from T.D. Bonnie to report?

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 9:18

Hi guys,
Enduser had mentioned on a previous post that he had some fruit drop as a result of T.D. Bonnie. I was wondering how the rest of you made out. The Weather Channel made it sound like Miami took the hardest hit with the highest winds and torrential rain. I hope you guy made it out okay. I know from posts in the past that these storms can wreck havoc on your tropicals and I hope everyone made it out okay thru the storm.
Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Any damage to your tropicals from T.D. Bonnie to report?

Thanks for asking and for the kind words of concern. Bonnie was nothing more than a couple of nasty thundershowers and some gusty winds. NO damage at all that I am aware of other than a banana pseudostem being knocked down....which happens with an ordinary thunderstorm.

Harry

o
RE: Any damage to your tropicals from T.D. Bonnie to report?

Thanks Andrew, No damage, just an inch of very much needed rain, no wind at all. My kind of tropical depression. We've been very dry for over two weeks, but the first few days of July had gotten almost 9" of rain. Its "feast or famine" around here lately when it comes to rain. So a low or tropical depression is always welcome! Its the named storms that we're not crazy about.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here