Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pineapples flowering

Posted by tropicbreezent 12 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 29, 14 at 10:26

Just noticed today that I have a whole lot of pineapples flowering. The centres of the plants were covered in fallen leaves and other debris. Cleaning them out I discovered this. There's 8 altogether.

gw n 140729 01

gw n 140729 02

gw n 140729 03

gw n 140729 04

gw n 140729 05

gw n 140729 07

gw n 140729 08

gw n 140729 09

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pineapples flowering

How nice! How old are these plants?

o

I planted them out last season, but I moved them from elsewhere. And they were mixed ages anyway. So a bit hard to say. But from about one to two years old.

o

Cool! Only 1-2 years old and they're bearing fruit. I have a few here. I think more than 2 years old, but not fruiting yet. So, what do you feed them with?

o

I'm not regular with fertilising but when I do it's a weak solution of fish/seaweed fertiliser. My neighbours get huge pineapple fruit. They fertilise regularly, but I don't know what they use.

o

The pineapples are putting on some good growth, but still a fair way to go yet. There's 11 now so hope they don't all ripen at once.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here