Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Trade Guava Seed for Guava Seed

Posted by MsMorningSong SW FL 10A (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 13, 14 at 10:59

In a week or so, I will have some fresh, Indonesian red-fleshed guava seed. The fruit is intensely sweet and juicy,
very similar to it's cousin, Malaysian Red. The skin is even tinted reddish.
I'd like to trade some of this fresh seed for fresh seed of Mexican Cream Guava. I don't want to post in Seed trade forum, as you always end up with requests for trades other than what you are looking for.
If anyone is interested, please leave me a note in this thread, or an email addy I can respond to.
Thanks much! :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Trade Guava Seed for Guava Seed

i have Mexican Cream Guava
i have to wait for my fruit to ripen as well :)
mine should be several weeks though.

I do have a few guava seeds left from a friend from Nicaragua.
supposedly they are "yellowish white" flesh.
i had to have someone translate for me though.
its supposedly a family heirloom going back many generations, and is very tasty.
i am growing them now, but havent tasted the fruit myself, they are only 2 inches tall.

o
RE: Trade Guava Seed for Guava Seed

Greenman, that would be wonderful! I can wait, I'm dying to get my hands on some fresh seed, and ebay either wants 9.00 for a seedling (w/shipping making it 19.00) or you just can't find the seed at all.
If you'd like, when mine are ready, I'd go ahead and send you some of mine. I'll trust you on the trade.
TY so much for the offer. I'm trying to expand the collection, and this one is a must-have, from what I've heard.
My email is msmorningsong@gmail.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here