Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Green sapote seedling

Posted by RodneyJS 11a (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 25, 13 at 11:07

Here's an update on my green sapote seedling. It has more compact growth. I feed it worm tea every week or two. It is also fed some azomite, kelp/humic acid, yucca powder on occasion. I just recently foliar sprayed with diluted Himalayan pink salt, too.

photo DSCN1882.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Green sapote seedling

This looks like a Mamey, not green or white sapote.

Sapote

o

Agreed. I have both mamey and sapote, that's a mamey.

o

O.K. So how does one get a hold of some seeds? I've yet to try aGreen Sapote. I am a huge Mamey fan though. Because of where we live, we cannot really expect to plant Mamey, and get any fruit. That being said, I am extremely interested in getting a some GREEN SAPOTE SEEDS. I need to find someone who can send me seeds!!! If you know of anyone, or anyone that knows someone, who might be able to help, please let me know. I'm in it for the long haul, and am anxious to see how it does here: both on the barrier island, and on the mainland (not far from the ocean), in the Melbourne, Florida area. I am led to believe that the Green Sapote may be a tad bit "cold hardy", than any of the Mamey varieties. I am looking to try seedlings, GS grafted onto GS rootstock, and possibly GS grafted onto Mamey stock. I'll pay shipping, and whatever other "fees" that would be required. This may be the answer to my dreams, as the Mamey just will not make it this far up the East coast. My Rollinia are growing well so far.

Please let me know if you can help me out by hooking me up with a contact. I'll pay whatever is fair. I can pay by Paypal, Money order, Cashiers' check, or credit or debit card.

o

what is yucca powder for and can i make my own ?
I have several large Yucca, they keep propagating, and they are hard to kill.
i dont mind a few small ones, but every summer, i have to get rid of 3-4 big ones

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here