Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irun5k_gw

harvested 1st Carrie

irun5k
11 years ago

My tree only held on to one mango. I picked it on Wednesday, which was as soon as I noticed the top starting to yellow. I left it in a plastic bag (didn't have paper) and by late week it had developed an intoxicating mango fragrance. We ate it this morning (Saturday.) It was only about as soft as my forehead and was not overripe but I am thinking it could have been cut and eaten as soon as the fragrance appeared.

Let me just say that it was absolutely delicious. I've had a couple Carries before. In one case I did get a bit of the herbal/exotic taste, which wasn't bad actually. However, this one had none of that. It was as sweet as could be but with just enough tart to remind you that it is a mango. I've found that aspect to be lacking on certain varieties. It melted in my mouth and I can't really think of a better tasting fruit at the moment.

I put the tree in the ground last July so I was happy to have one fruit. The tree is getting to be a really good size now so if I have a tree that is full of fruit like this next year I will be the happiest guy around :)

Thanks for the help and answers over the last year as I went from newbie to first time fruit harvester :)

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars27 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus