Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Zill's Coconut Cream Mango, availability ?

Posted by bsbullie 10FL (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 17, 11 at 12:00

I tasted this "new" cross last year at Excalibur. I have read in this forum that people have been to Zills this year and the Coconut Cream mango (the plant) is available for purchase. I was told it would not be till next year that it would be made available. Is this current;y available to purchase at Zills ? If so, I thought they were wholesale to the trade only, how would I go about getting one ? Also, what about the Lemon Zest (27-1) ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Zill's Coconut Cream Mango, availability ?

Both are available now but as you said it has to be bought by a nursery or someone with a nursery license from Zills. Jeff on this forum has a nursery license and often orders from Zills. You can always email him and buy one from him.

Excalibur should have some Coconut Cream trees next week but I am not sure if they will be selling any to the public. They potted up all the Lemon Zests they got earlier in the year into 15gs so they might do the same with the Coconut Creams.

o

Was under the impression they were going to wait until the patent cleared before they started selling Coconut Cream. Did the patent already get approved or are they just going to go ahead and sell it anyways?

o

The patent doesn't have to be issued for them to start selling. Generally they have a year from the time they start selling before they file the patent application for the patent to still be valid. After they file they still have to wait more than a year for the patent to be issued.

o

what is Jeff's user name ?

o

JeffHagen

o

Waving hand :-).

Jeff

o

I ordered a Lemon Zest at Spykes Grove in Davie, received it a week later. While picking it up, I noticed they had about 7 Coconut Cream Mango trees as well. I passed on it as I do not have the room in my yard.

o

Zill's is completely sold out, and I think those coco creams at Spykes were all spoken for (had sold tags on them). They were selling them for 85$ :-).

Jeff

o

Excalibur MAY have a few to sell. I know they got some in 7s the week before last and were only going to sell a few. The majority were/are destined for 15 gal.

o

Wow. Those coconut creams are pretty expensive.

o

:-) Yah, but they were in 7gal. Still a bit on the steep side.

Jeff

o

Any more coconut cream mango trees for sale- need to ship to me on west coast

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here