Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ohiojay

Latest shipment

ohiojay
12 years ago

Well...after just shy of two weeks, the shipment finally arrived on Friday. Again...with just minutes to spare, I was able to pick it up from the USPS carrier hub. Something for all to remember on future shipments...make sure he marks the shipment as NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED!!

I have no freaking clue where this package was for this long period of time. I pretty much wrote off the plants figuring they would be nothing more than brown sticks. Much to my surprise, they plants looked pretty good. I had asked him to wrap the plants in damp newspaper and then with plastic to help the plants hold more moisture. I'm glad he listened because I really feel this is the only thing that kept them going.

The mangosteens looked the best of the bunch believe it or not. Still not the size of plants he originally showed me in pics but much better than the original three he sent. One plant had the top of it snapped. I wrapped with grafting tape. We'll see if that portion recovers. The two korlans were not much bigger than twigs and all foliage had dropped...with some die back. Still, I think they will recover. The mango, while oddly shaped, actually tried to push new growth during the transit. All new growth being white due to being in the box! The maprang is my only concern. Not sure, but it just might be dead below the graft. But since the upper portion still had some green, I potted it up just in case. Not much expectations for this one.

Opted to put my humidity structure outside beneath a large tree instead of in the GH. Temps are going to soar into the mid to upper 90's for the next several days. I figured it would be cooler there in the shade than in the GH.

Here's a link to the latest stuff in photobucket.

Here is a link that might be useful: July pics

Comments (4)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio