Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nam Doc Mia

Posted by jupiterplants 10/A (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 15, 10 at 18:40

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering how many of you have a Nam Doc Mia mango ? Mine has been in the ground now for about 3 years and is about 10 to 12 foot.

This is the first year that the fruits have held and gotten to a decent size. Unfortunately they are green and as hard as a rock. Anybody have experience with this Mango not turning yellow ? I cut into one of them and it tasted horrible.

My Haden has been ripening and I am enjoying them every night. I am considering getting another mango tree. I really wanted to go to the mango festival at Fairchilds . I will make sure I go next year.

Thanks for you input,

D`Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nam Doc Mia

If your fruits are not not turning yellow then they are not mature enough to be picked. They can be eaten green, but the flavor will not be what you expect from a ripe mango. Leave them on the tree longer and they should develop some yellow color break when they are ready to pick. Or, as they do in my yard, they will split and the bugs will have a feast.

Harry

o

:) thanks.
Its like watching a pot of water boil........ way too much time.

o

jupiterplants, I take it by your name that you live in Jupiter? I do too.

o

Yes , I am in the farms :) Are you nearby ?

Even tho it is hot, I love this time of the year. The mangos from my tree taste so much better that the ones from publix :)

D`Ann

o

"Even tho it is hot, I love this time of the year. The mangos from my tree taste so much better that the ones from publix :) "

D'Ann... you couldn't have it said any better...SO Very true!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here