Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of my new Mango tree.

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 21, 10 at 18:43

Today I got my Maha Chinook mango tree from Frankies in Hawaii. I had contacted them almost a year ago when Harry had posted about his. I was told that I would never find one of these trees for sale. It looks like my persistance has paid off!! The tree is a little over 4ft tall, and came in great condition. Leaves were cut in half for shipping. Since I have troubles with posting more than one pic, I will post another message with another pic of the whole tree.
Andrew

Here is a link that might be useful: Maha Chinook mango tree

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of my new Mango tree.

Nice. Looks like you may have given me a reason to place another frankies order. I'll have to wait until the get some Rapoza mangoes in though.

o

Hey J,
You may want to call them. Lynn had mentioned something about this tree and I can't remember if she said they had more of them or not. i wanted to get more than one mango tree from them but it is the cost of the shipping and the inspection that really made me decide not to. I can't wait for this tree to grow and begin bearing fruits. I have to say that there trees are the best quality tropical fruit tree I have ever recieved.
Andrew

Here is a link that might be useful: Pic of entire tree.

o

Andrew,

If you dont mind...How much did the tree end up costing after the shipping, ag inspection, taxes, etc?

Thanks,

Tony

o

It normally is better to purchase more than one tree. You already pay once for a box fee and more than one can fit in a box. A bare root tree won't bump up the shipping much if any. Usually hit you with a bare rooting fee. I was never charged for an ag inspection or taxes though. Where are you at?

Now you need to soon do a Puglvr prune on that tree! I've got two mangoes and that is plenty for the greenhouse.

o

Your Maha Chinook is beautiful! It sure does make me want to get another mango tree... (not that I need another tropical..lol).
Bo

o

Hi, Andrew! A very nice tree you have received! Thank you for sharing your newest addition with us. :-)

o

Congrats Andrew!! Very nice tree. Good luck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here