Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stressbaby

/Yard update 7/2011

stressbaby
12 years ago

Yes, that's right, it is a /yard update, because none of my tropicals are planted in the yard per se. But here is a bit of an update, with a question at the end.

Carambola 'Kari'

Abiu from PR seed last year. Not quite Harry's, but getting there...

Sapodilla. The tag says "Nispero Mexicano 7" Anybody know the variety?

Garcina medrona from PR seed.

Garcinia laterifolia from PR seed.

Surinam cherry. Best crop ever this year, I suspect because finally the tree is maturing. 20+ fruit.

Jaboticaba NTJ (Jaboticaba-not-that-Jaboticaba). Doesn't fruit on the trunk, fruits on more distal branches, but otherwise, it's a Jaboticaba. Better than ever.

Figs. Panachee, IT Honey, Chicago Hardy. Nice fig crop this year for me.

Pitomba. First flower this year (finally) and it did set fruit, thanks to my wife who played flower pimp while I was out of town. Unfortunately it dropped, but next year...

Sugar apples grown from seed from OJ. They will never stay, these trees are in little 4" containers, about 24" tall. But cool, nonetheless.

Cherimoya. First blooms ever.

Purple Grumichama (growing amongst a variegated shell ginger, which had some awesome blooms this year). Six feet tall, no blooms, ever. Question below.

Why does it continually do this on the ends of the leaves? Actually the summer growth looks better than the winter growth in this regard.

Comments (9)