Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mangos flowering

Posted by tropicbreezent (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 23:00

Mangos everywhere around are bursting into flower. Great sign that the midway point of winter has passed. Soon be hot days and mango madness.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mangos flowering

It's a bonanza for nectar feeding insects, especially the butterflies.

o

very nice, where is at?

o

Australia! By the looks of his/her "My Page" location.

Nice Mango orchard tropicbreezent!! Here in FL our Mango season is winding down :o(

o

Yes, it's in Australia, near Darwin. The trees all over the place are just covered in flowers.

o

Nice photos! Would love to see updates once fruiting starts.

Can't help but think of the classic surf movie, "Endless Summer"... where the guys follow summer around the world. It occurs that you could also follow mango season around the world :)

o

Some more photos today.

o

Although mangos produce thousands of pinhead fruits, most fall off as the tree would have no hope trying to support them all to maturity.

o

Agree - totally refreshing to see spring in the middle
of 110 degrees (today in the desert!)

mangodog

o

We're still middle of winter here so the temps are only getting up to around 34C. But every day is a day closer to spring and the rainy season. I'll get some more photos in the next day or so, but then I'm away for about 4 to 5 weeks. The fruits should be a lot bigger by then.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here