Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
comprotutto

mangos with unique flavor - help

Comprotutto
11 years ago

Hi my name is David and I just move to Miami. I am in the process of setting up a mini orchard in my backyard and need some help.

So far I have put down 2 mango trees � Glenn and Mallika. I am a foodie and enjoy a very wide variety of flavors from the most simple to the most complex. After reading the forum I sort of regret having purchased the Glenn which appears to produce less than flavorful fruits. But I still have space for 2 more mango trees. Can you guys help me pick them?

I would like at least for one of the two to be a late season one and for both to be different from a taste perspective from Glenn and Mallika to improve variety. I do not have a lot of space but I thought even if I end up getting a Kent I can still keep it at 12 foot high by pruning regularly.

For the late season one I thought to go with either Keitt or Glenn or Neelum. Which one would you recommend? Is Neelum similar in taste to Mallika?

For the fourth one I am undecided between Maha Chanook, Nam Doc Mai and Pickering. But I am open to suggestion. I would like something with a unique flavor. Thanks a bunch

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert