Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jacob13_gw

Looking for Dragon Fruit Cuttings

jacob13
13 years ago

Hello Friends,

I am looking for Dragon Fruit Cuttings. The varieties that I am looking for are as follows:

1) Condor

2) Pink Panther

3) Rixford

4) Natural Mystic

5) Florida Red Sweet

6) Frankie's Red

If anyone has any of these varieties and would be interested in trading or selling, please let me know. I got a bunch of stuff to trade so let me know ASAP! Let me know here or e-mail me at: jacob_andrade@yahoo.com

Thanks and Blessings,

Jacob

Comments (15)

• mango_kush
    13 years ago

try emailing some of these people

Here is a link that might be useful: Daves Garden Dragonfruit tradelist

• newgen
    13 years ago

I have 2 kinds, red and white. Haha, I know that's not much info, but when my aunt gave the cuttings to me, she didn't know either. They tasted very good, from her plants. Mine haven't given fruits, though they're growing pretty well. Email me at newergen@yahoo.com

• simon_grow
    13 years ago

Hey Jacob, I have Frankie's Red given to me by Leo Manuel from CFRG. My plant is still small but you can have a cutting. Local pick up only though, I live in San Diego, CA.

Have you ever tasted Frankie's Red, perhaps at the recent Dragon Fruit festival? Do you have any info on Frankie's Red? I got the cutting from Leo about 2 years ago and forgot its origins. I believe he said it was a cross between a yellow DF and a red fleshed variety.
    Simon

• nullzero
    13 years ago

Simon,

If your interested at some trades, I live in OC. I have dragon fruits; physical graffiti, yellow dragon, and purple haze. I have a lot of other stuff to trade as well. I would be interested in a Frankies Red cutting.

• simon_grow
    13 years ago

Hey nullzero, you can have a cutting of Frankie's Red for free if you can come down here and pick it up. I would love to try purple haze but I just don't have the room in my yard. I also have Halley's comet, which is supposed to be very similar to Physical graffiti, American Beauty, Yellow Dragon and an unnamed white fleshed vietnamese variety that is extremely large and very sweet but lacks flavor.

Have you tasted Frankie's Red before? I cannot ship because we have a quarantine in San Diego, I think.

• newgen
    13 years ago

simon grow: I'd like to get some cuttings from you, I can pay for them when I come to OC.
    Thanks,

• simon_grow
    13 years ago

Hey newgen, you can get a free cutting of any variety that I will have available. The only one I don't have a cutting for right now is the Vietnamese White fleshed one. I just moved into my new house and took cuttings from my established dragonfruit from the old house so any cuttings I will be giving out will be pretty small. I live in San Diego CA. You can send me an email and I can give you my adress when you are ready to head down here so I can confirm what varieties I will have available.
    Simon

• nullzero
    13 years ago

Simon,

Thank you for the generous offer. Perhaps sometime soon I can stop by. If you have any room for good prickly pear cactus, I can bring some pads down. I got a really tasty peruvian cultivated variety and also a very productive red variety. I will give you an email to keep in contact.

• nullzero
    13 years ago

Simon,

I can't email you through the forums here. However you can send me an email over at nullzero66@gmail.com

• newgen
    13 years ago

simon,

I have exactly what you need, Vietnamese white. I will bring you a few. I will be in SD for the Labor Day weekend, will you be in town? I can email you for contact info, or you can email to me: newergen@yahoo.com

Thanks,

• jacob13
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hey Simon,

Thanks for the offer, that sounds Great. I am in Santa Barbara but make it down there a few times a year. I will be in touch. Thanks again for the offer.

Jacob

• simon_grow
    13 years ago

Hey newgen, I actually have an excellent Vietnamese white, the sweetest one I have ever tasted but I just don't have any cuttings for that variety to give out at the moment. Thanks for the offer though.

You can email me at simon12445@gmail.com to confirm I have the variety you are interested in.

Just wondering why everyone is so interested in Frankie's Red. Has anyone here tasted it yet? Did you hear about it somewhere that says its really good. I'm excited I have this variety but I have yet to taste the fruit.
    Simon

• dirtdonthurt
    12 years ago

Hello Simon,

I'm in San Diego, near SDSU. I have a yellow variety( small and MEAN fruit, but most intense flavor of all dragon fruits) and some other unnamed varieties that I could trade with you. I'll email you.
    -Q

• brandon1971
    11 years ago

I am looking for a David bowie cutting. If anyone has one here is what I have to trade. Halley's Comet, physical graffiti or delight. In a few months I will have yellow, American beauty, voodoo child and natural mystic to trade. Fdci1@aol.com

This post was edited by brandon1971 on Wed, Feb 27, 13 at 13:12

• Rannman1
    10 years ago

Hi to all the US dragonfruit fans. I'm trying to get my hands on different varieties of D'fruit that can somehow be shipped to Australia. If anyone knows who I should be talking to can they let me know. Not afraid to pay for good service. Thanks Rannman1