Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
doglips_gw

Dragon Skin fruit (not dragon fruit)

Doglips
11 years ago

About a year ago the wife and I went to Bali. We came across Dragon Skin fruit. Not to be confused with dragon fruit.

I found this picture online....

http://junkiss.tumblr.com/post/26142998560/wufan-dragon-skin-fruit

They tasted and textured like apples, crunchy white-ish flesh. About 2 inches in diameter. The skin was quite tough, I didn't eat the skin, I assume it was in-edible. I don't remember much about the seeds, there were several, and they were much larger than apple seeds. I don't think there was a core, the seeds were pretty much centered in the fruit. I didn't eat the seeds which I also assume are in-edible.

Has anyone heard of this?

Does it go by any other name?

Does anyone have one?

grow zones?

any info?

anyone?

anyone?

As a recovering fruit crack addict, I have recently discovered this crack house (forum). So much for recovery.

Anyways I've logged several hours reading just about every post in this forum and I have not seen anything here that resembles this.

Searching the net yields almost nothing except for the picture linked above, or incorrectly linking to plain ole dragonfruit. Must be under some other name.

Years ago my wife recieved as a gift something that looks like this fruit, it is hollow and you can hear the seed rattling around inside. She uses it for coffee table decoration. But it is huge (double fist huge), I will post a picture later.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting