Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
usatc

Sad jaboticaba

usatc
9 years ago

Hello, I have three jaboticaba trees, two in the ground and one in a 5 gallon pot. The two in the ground had been doing fairly well. Background for them is they were in an area that flooded for the first time two months ago during our Florida rainy season. They had about an inch of water standing off and on for about two weeks. They are within 15' of a chicken coop and have had the dirty mulch from the coop added as fertilizer intermittently.

One is doing really well and the other has been as of late yellow and not as healthy looking, especially the top half yellowing leaves, droopyness, etc). I haven't been watering much the last two weeks (maybe 2-3 gallons a week).

I hadn't added any fertilizer because of the chicken poop mulch around the drip line (soil is sandy dirt mix common in Orlando, planted into a 2 bags of composted black cow manure when they were put in, 6 months ago).

Sorry for the long post but wanted to give enough info as possible). Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to bring it back? The bottom half of leaves look nice it's just the top doesn't look happy.

Thank you!

Comments (4)