Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tropicalgrow516

What's wrong with my avocado tree?

tropicalgrow516
11 years ago

I have a grafted avocado tree from Logee's that I have had for the past 3-ish months. It is pictured below. It is in the lower half of the picture, below a meyer lemon tree.

The avocado tree has been growing well up until the last month. Since then, the leaves have gotten somewhat shriveled and brown (as pictured). The nodes of growth have also become brown and drier than they should be.

I have been fertilizing in the same fashion and quantity as I have my citrus trees, which is a mix of kelp, dried blood (for N) and a fertilizer for flowering plants (which has a balance of N-P-K). All of my 16 citrus plants have across the board been thriving, and I have heard avocadoes have much the same fertilizer needs as citrus, so I don't think that's the issue. I have been allowing the tree to dry out for a day before watering it, as I do with my citrus trees.

Humidity has been high constantly the entire time I've had it, temps have ranged from probably 69-100 constantly, and there has been a lot of sun. It doesn't seem to have any sign of pests. I really do not know what could be eating this little guy. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?