Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My neighbors dragons are at it again...

Posted by stanofh (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 11:39

After last years 5th coldest bay area summer-ever-,the Dragons are back. So,the lesson is,upper 60 to low 70's will not allow flowering...mid 70's to 80f,will.
And pics of them for sale with Avo's and Guava's,Mango,locally.
Full size

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My neighbors dragons are at it again...

• Posted by newgen 9 Central California (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 19, 11 at 12:10

Did he hand pollinate them?

o

I dont know..I never seem to catch them outside when Im outside..my wife has talked to them,bought some autumn Persimmons. I got to talk to them next time..

o

You're not alone, I don't think the mercury has gone above 90 down here on the coast of So Cal. It's screwing with all the plants, I had to buy lemons since the growing pattern for my improved meyer was thrown off.

o

Thats exactly it Wizzard. I can't remember when we last had a 90f,its been weeks. Not as bad as last year..but could be better.

o

...and so guys, don't hate me, but Palm Springs has enjoyed a simply wonderful summer - yes - a few 112's and 113's, but many many low to mid-100's days making the mango (and avocado) trees and really everything just grow so nicely with minimal burning. With this summer's weather craziness, SOMEBODY had to benefit!

Now we'll have to see what surprises this winter has in store...gulp...

Your So-Cal desert brother......mangolobo

o

Neighbor's DFs look great Stan, such a huge clump. How are yours doing?

-Ethan

o

I still have them indoors Ethan-by a sunny window. About 2+ tall now,with branches. I've felt burned by the others that were eaten by slugs.. next spring they will go out in the tropical fruits garden.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here