jb_fla

My yard pictures

jb_fla
13 years ago

Here are some of pics of the yard:

Carlos Muscadine

Jaboticaba

NS1 Jak Seedling

Pakistan Mulberry (in need of a good prune)

Hirado Butan Pummelo

Brewster Lychee

Glenn Mango

Feijoa hedge

Fuyu Persimmon

All Red Plum

COTRG

Grumichama's

Tropic Snow Peach

Makok Sapodilla

Biew Kiew Longan

Pitomba

Kratom

And lastly, my effort in some harder species. Here I have mangosteen, duku-langstat, madrono, madrono de monte, limoncillo, salak edulis, lemon drop mangosteen

Thanks for looking- jb

Comments (13)

• hmhausman
    13 years ago

JB Fla:

Thanks for posting your yeard pics. You have a nice selection of trees/plants and all appear to be really healthy and well grown. Your mulberry reminds me how lush mine used to be.....its really gorgeous. In my area of Florida, there is something that causes these Pakistani Mulberries to go into decline. How old is yours and where did you get it?

Harry

• jb_fla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Harry-

I bought my mulberry from Edible Landscaping in VA four years ago as a 3' grafted stick. It grows very very fast. I have already pruned it twice this year, each pruning cutting back about 10' of overall growth.

I remember reading that you had some sort of rust or fungus, but I hve not encountered that, at least not yet.

If your looking to retry growing the Pakistan Mulberry let me know and I can try to propagate some.

jb

• hmhausman
    13 years ago

JB....how well does your fruit? I might be interested in trying again with a new planting. Have you ever posted pictures of the fruit? Do you have pictures? Contact me whenever you have any available and I am sure we can work a trade. Thanks.

Harry

• red_sea_me
    13 years ago

nice looking collection JB, thanks for posting.

-Ethan

• bluepalm
    13 years ago

JB, your plants look great...I really like how full and lush your Jaboticaba is. You obviously have a green thumb! Great job!

Bluepalm

• jacob13
    13 years ago

Hey JB,

Thanks for sharing, you have got some really great stuff and everything looks so lush and healthy. You guys have that perfect weather over there in Florida. How do you use or what do you do with the Kratom plant? I would also be interested in trading for some cuttings of that Magnificent Mulberry Specimen.

Thanks again for sharing,

Jacob

• sun_worshiper
    13 years ago

Great pictures! Thanks for posting pictures of whole plants. I have been curious what plants like the COTRG look like. Most of the pictures that google brings up are close ups of the fruit. Would you say the COTRG is maintainable at its current size? Or will it grow a lot larger?

• mango_kush
    13 years ago

COTRG is a bush and can be pruned as a hedge or left to grow out.

• jb_fla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

There is a COTRG in Tampa that was never pruned and it is about 20' tall and 15' wide. But as Mango Kush said, it can easily be pruned to size.

Harry- I have not posted pics of the fruit. The first couple years the fruit tasted a little grassy. But the last two seasons they have been very very good. About 4" long, plump and juicy. They are exceptional if when they turn black but are still good when red. The kids really love them. I dont have to fight the birds as much as the kids shaking the tree to eat them!

• sun_worshiper
    13 years ago

Neat. How short could you prune a COTRG & keep it fruitful? Would 4' be reasonable?

• jb_fla
    Original Author
    13 years ago

For me COTRG is not as prodigious as other 'tropical cherries.' However, it can easily bt kept at about 4' and will no doubt fruit.

• darcy.nikki
    10 years ago

hello, may I ask how much larger your grumichama has grown since you posted this? They stay pretty short right? Thanks. :)

• greenman62
    10 years ago

Nice Kratom/Korth tree.
    I have one about the same size.
    I tried to grow cuttings, but they keep dying and never root

Have you tried cuttings ?

Sponsored
Grow Landscapes
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Planning Your Outdoor Space in Loundon County?