Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
1 gal fruiting dragonfruit

Posted by RodneyJS Cerritos, CA (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 12, 12 at 23:17

Here's my 1 gal Phoenix Red Dragonfruit forming a flowerbud. I'm not a horticulturalist, but I think it depends on the maturity of the source of the cutting.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 1 gal fruiting dragonfruit

wow, that's awesome, pretty much every source i've read have said that it needs to be atleast 10 lbs of growth before flowering.

i've had mine in small pots, and under half shade the past 2 years, got lots of thin growth but no flowers yet. i'm in the process of slowly constructing 3 trellises out in the yard so they can get full sun.

o

it looks pretty.how old is that dragon fruit? i am trying to grow it from seed.now i have the seeds sprouting in the pot but am not sure if it will make it. any advise on how to grow it from seed ? will it grow in dfw area where it hit 100's during this summer? thanks !

o

Shawna, it would be best to root cuttings. I can give you some. I have around 9 varieties of dragonfruit. Contact me privately

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here