Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Durian Hybrid & Genus King of Durian

Posted by abkaisure 11 (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 17, 10 at 10:43

Does anyone ever heard or know the type of names and prices for famous durian genus? These expensive Durio are priced for it's premium and unique taste and meaty flesh. High quality durian are different from those huge shell seemingly tasteless pulp from Thailand.I stayed in the region where good durian exist and also have traveled to other countries. Upon comparison, i can strongly affirm the paramount of standard in flavor and taste is too far apart. This is the reason why the west detest durian. Because the durian you guys receive on your end has deteriorate taste and freshness. Original and fresh durian dont smell and taste this way. Does anyone in the west or foreign land of durian ever tasste good durian before?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Durian Hybrid & Genus King of Durian

I really like the imported mornthong durians. But yes, I know people who have been to Tailand and Borneo and tasted all the interesting varieties. But they, like me, also like the ones we get here.

o

Hi Caiden so were there any difference in taste between imported durian and those being eaten in Thailand and Borneo?

o

I can only get imported, frozen Monthong, and like them very much. I just bought 13 of them and cut them up and into the freezer. Of 100 pounds, got 38 pounds of pods (with seeds). Pods frozen in ziplocks will still be good months from now. I've never had a fresh one.

I would like to find out about tropical fruit tourism. Are there tours for first time travelers to visit markets or the Malaysian Agriculture, Horticulture and Agrotourism Show, or do people just go and get a tourist visa and find the markets on their own?

I want to try the other varieties of durian, fresh. Where are they found? Are they imported to America anywhere? I've only ever seen the Monthongs.

o

If you believe the durian from Thailand are tasteless, then you must stop picking fruit from dumpsters.

o

I tasted fresh durian from Vietnam, China, and Thailand. The one from Vietnam is not as good as the one from Thailand. Even Vietnam import fruits from Thailand. I think the one from China was imported from Thailand as well. Any how, I think Thailand durian is the best. Even the frozen one here from Thailand tastes sweet and creamy. I think most or all fruits from Thailand is better than other countries.

o

The Monthongs from Thailand are sweet and creamy. Only a little odd smell. I keep hearing about the horrible smell, and about white and red varieties. I want to sample these different types, too. Where can I find them?

o

HD...you'll need to go to Hawaii where a few of these varieties are grown, Malaysia, or Thailand. Unlikely that any of these varieties will be imported.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here