{{gwi:1328434}}From Custard Apple

Comments (14)

• jeffhagen
    12 years ago

I'd be tempted to say it's cherimoya.

Jeff

• hmhausman
    12 years ago

The first three look like the atemoya called Lisa, aka 48-26. I have no clue on the last one.

Harry

• mango_kush
    12 years ago

i agree with Harry, Atemoyas tend to look very asymmetrical compared to other anonas

• rodneys
    12 years ago

I think they are cherimoyas. The last pic looks like a Selma. Selmas aren't very attractive-looking, from the pics that I've seen of them. I have 2 fruits developing right now, but are still small

• jeffhagen
    12 years ago

The leaves look too hairy to be atemoya. All appear to be cherimoya.

Jeff

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

I thinks it's both; a cherimoya and an Atemoya

African Pride

Booth

Pierce

3 in 1 a mix of Booth, Pierce and African Pride pollen

• murahilin
    12 years ago

jfernandez,
    What do you mean by "3 in 1 a mix of Booth, Pierce and African Pride pollen"?

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

murahilin

I collected pollen from the 3 annonas and mix them together and pollinated my Pierce.

JF

• jeffhagen
    12 years ago

Cherimoyas are generally more hairy than atemoyas. The fruit in the first picture is covered with hair.

Jeff

• behlgarden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am lost completely. I might wait anoter month to see what shape they get. its hard to be precise on these things, I see pictues of all three on google images to be claimed all three, LOL. the 4th picture on my fruits are definitely different variety than the first three

• annonalover
    12 years ago

I think they are atemoyas. The last tree looked just like my "Lisa" tree. They if they have the attributes of both a sugar apple and a cherimoya, then it is probably the hybrid, Atemoya.

Are you in FL or Cal? If Florida, then even more likely it is a hybrid Atemoya b/c cherimoya doesn't do well here.

Good luck!

Vince

• behlgarden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Vince, thanks for speculating. I will post cleaner shots with leaf structure so everyone can see and speculate. from what I have seen at least the last one looks more like Cherimoya, flat skin. again, I may be wrong.

• behlgarden
    Original Author
    12 years ago

oh, I am in So. Cal

• annonalover
    12 years ago

Your Welcome! I don't think it could be sugar apples because they seem to have a blend of both fruit features. I hear that annonas can hybridize under the right conditions. You have a few different trees right? I think the last ones look like Cherimoya too! Good for you! We don't get many of them around here in FL, only sugar apples and some home grown Atemoyas.
    I keep a look out for your pics!
    All the best!
    Vince