Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Safety concerns regarding Bayer Advanced Protect and Feed

Posted by yellowthumb 5a Ontario (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 16, 11 at 13:35

While reading this product labels, just noticed that it can also be used on edidable fruit trees such as apple trees. Also read somewhere that there are other Bayer products targeting fruit orchards, and the main ingredients are the same, Imidacloprid.
This gets me thinking. While I have been very careful about applying this product into my container plants. At the mean time, am I just consuming plenty of it just from the fruits I bought from the grocery store?
YT

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Safety concerns regarding Bayer Advanced Protect and Feed

Yes and you're probably also consuming bits of migrant laborer fecal matter from the fruits in the grocery store.

o

Sheehan - you really had to go there, didn't you...

o

I will happily apply Bayers to my container plant tomorrow. If you ever read the 64 dollar tomato book, there is a chapter about "There is no organic apple in NY". The author has been trying organic and struggling for years, finally figured out his dad secret, then he happily mixed his systemic orchard mix with a big relief.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here