Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Otaheite Gooseberry, Amlak, Grosella, Gooseberry tree

Posted by dsstroyer New York (My Page) on
Fri, Sep 18, 09 at 13:44

I've been looking for this plant for some time now and cannot locate it. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks

Adrian

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Otaheite Gooseberry, Amlak, Grosella, Gooseberry tree

This is a link to the plant info
http://cms.jcu.edu.au/idc/groups/public/documents/presentation/jcudev_006233~3.3.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Otaheite_gooseberry

o

I have this plant, around 3' with 4-5 trunks, let me know if you would like to trade for something else. Thanks.

o

keirapham,can you please share where you got your plant from? I am looking for it too. Thanks.

o

One of my friend gave me 2 trees a year ago, so I dont really know any online nurseries sell these trees. Let me know if you wanna trade it for something. Keira.

o

Thanks for the info, keira. I do not have anything to trade it for, unfortunately. And the size is too big for shipping for me. I am actually looking to see if I can get some seeds to germinate them from.

o

dsstroyer,
If you knew someone who was in Florida and was willing to buy it and ship it, they have them at Excalibur in Lake Worth. You could also try growing it from seed.

ashleysf,
the seeds are available on eBay right now. I included a link

Here is a link that might be useful: Otaheite Goosberry seeds on eBay

o

murahilin, thanks for the tip! Another question for you: I heard that there are male and female trees for Otaheite gooseberry. Is that so? If so, how do i ensure that i get one of each when i grow them from seeds?

o

ashleysf,
You'll be fine planting the seeds. This tree does not have male and female trees but instead each tree produce male, female, and hermaphrodite flowers.

Here is a link that might be useful: Fruits of Warm Climates

o

Adrian/Ashley,

I have been looking for the Otaheite gooseberry seeds for a while now, but have not had any luck. Were you able to locate them? If so can you point me to the right direction?

o

Anne,
Govardhan Gardens list the seed for sale on its website. It says it is available Feb-July. I've provided a link. You should contact Sadhu and see if he happens to have any available right now.

Here is a link that might be useful: Govardhan Gardens

o

Hi Keira,

I am looking for Otaheite Gooseberry plant and found in this forum.I have Fig and Mulberry and interested to trade with you. Thanks

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here