Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mcintyme_gw

Haitian Mango Tree Sappling HELP!!!

mcintyme
10 years ago

Hi

straight to the point. I have grown a haitian mango tree from a seed to a young tree. It is a little over a year and half old and has had no problems to date. I recently (about 2 weeks ago) have switched my tree to a larger pot.

Within the first several days of switching it there seemed to be no change in plant. In fact after a brief rain it actually begun to develop a new shoot! Suddenly (2 days ago) I noticed the leaves on my tree appearing wilted and the new shoot as well. I figured maybe the plant was thirsty so I watered it but it has had no effect. For the past month or so I had noticed the lower leaves were more yellow than green with slight "burn" marks on them (though I had always attributed this to the summer heat). Could this be a contributing factor?

I HAVE NO CLUE WHAT IS WRONG WITH IT!!!

In the pot I have used nothing but regular potting soil and some raw fish I had caught buried at the bottom (for natural fertilizer purposes).

This plant means alot to me as it is my first attempt at growing anything! If anyone can help me it would greatly appreciated. I have included some photos of before and after.

If you have any help (products, methods, specifics) it would be greatly appreciated. I am a beginner so the more detail the better for me!

Sponsored
Industry Leading Landscape Contractors in Franklin County, OH