Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Picked up a Black Pearl wax jambu.

Posted by newgen 9 Central California (My Page) on
Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 17:39

Browsing around the swapmeet, couldn't get it out of my head after 1st seeing it. I even walked away a few times, trying to see if there was anything better. It's in a 7 gallon pot, about 5'10" tall, nice thick trunk (for its size), healthy large leaves.
Photobucket

Followed are 2 photos of another wax jambu (not Black Pearl) I saw on the way to the swapmeet.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Picked up a Black Pearl wax jambu.

• Posted by pj1881 10a PBC Fla. (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 17:48

Nice! How much?

o

wow,that's a bueaty!how is Black Pearl have tried it before? the wax apples I have tried are not very appetizing.

JF

o

• Posted by newgen 9 Central California (My Page) on
    Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 20:07

They let me try a Black Pearl fruit from a smaller tree, nice fragrance, crunchy, pretty sweet. That fruit cost me $100, the tree was free
. ;)

o

goldenwest college?

o

Mon, Sep 5, 11 at 22:31

Yes.

o

Wow Newgen,
that is a nice tree you picked up and an amazing tree in the ground. You should try to make them your new friends. :)

=Ethan

o

Wow...very nice looking tree and the wax apples look so good! I was going to ask did you pretend like you're taking a walk and pick some of those wax apples outside the fence...or break a branch so you can graft it on your tree....lol

o

I stumbled upon a video once that showed how they are growing wax jambu in some part of China. They discovered a way to encourage blooming/fruiting in the off season. They also pruned so that the fruit that formed were huge. They claimed that for all their hard work they got a different and stronger flavor.

All the fruit I've tasted were kinda bland.

o

Tue, Sep 6, 11 at 12:46

Ethan: It's getting crowded in my backyard. I hope all the fruit trees I have can be nice to one another.

ch3rri: You wouldn't believe how many of those fruits just dropped on the sidewalk, people just stepped all over 'em. I was tempted to pick off some, but we were kinda in a hurry, I had to stop the car on the side of the road to get the photos. I think there's a law that if a neighbor's tree branch sticks out over a fence into your yard, you can do whatever you want to it. Here, these overhanging branches are outside of the owner's, so technically, they're "public" property.

o

Hey guys how do you post a photo along with this link?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here