9/22/11

u jelly?

Comments (12)

• tropicalgrower89
    12 years ago

Nice!

• mangodog
    12 years ago

niiiiiiice Bryan - is this late in your season for any mangos still on the trees?

Let us know how it tastes, please....

mangofango

• zands
    12 years ago

Good going!!
    They are hanging close to the ground nearer to animals. Maybe you can prop up the branch to get those two chocanons higher up. I have seen ducks nudging mangoes until they drop. (We have muscovy ducks wandering around all over South Florida.)

If you have squirrel or bird problems ...... You can protect these rarities by making a protective bag out of aluminum window screening. Nylon window screening might work if doubled up? Maybe 1/4" mesh fencing would work?

• bradflorida
    12 years ago

So that would be the winter crop coming! Very nice.

• red_sea_me
    12 years ago

Awesome MK, it'll be interesting to watch it grow.

cheers,
    -Ethan

• jeffhagen
    12 years ago

YEEE HAWW!!!! So the choc anon is indeed a xmas fruiter after all !

Jeff

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

that's great news MK! I hope I have the same luck as you with my Chouanon. My malika flowered for the second time in July these might be ready by Dec.

• grandy3
    11 years ago

I just planted my miracle mango this fall and have 6 blooms like the ones in the picture and wonder if I will get fruit from this this year or am I being teased? They started the end of Dec and I am now starting to see little white flowers appear.

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

Hi Grandy, if it were my tree I wouldn't let it fruit this year, especially since you just planted it a few months ago. What size did you purchase, if its at least a 7 gallon you might want to only let one or two fruit this year. Letting very young or newly planted trees fruit causes a lot of stress and drain on the tree but no one will blame you if you want to taste a couple,lol. Sometimes, the tree will let you know if its too young or not ready to carry fruit by aborting the tiny mangoes...just my two cents...either way Good luck!!

The tree looks very healthy...Oh, and I notice you are in the same zone as I am...so let's hope we don't get another freeze...or there goes our blooms :o(

• grandy3
    11 years ago

Thanks puglvr1. I don't remember but I think it was in a 5 gallon pot and it is only about 4 ft tall so I will keep only one bloom and see if I can get at least one fruit to taste this year.

Sure hope we don't get any colder weather, I'm tired of losing my plumeria's.

• puglvr1
    11 years ago

I hear you...I enjoy "cooler" weather this time of year especially after 9 or 10 months of super hot and humid weather...its the freeze and frost I can do without,lol...As long as the 30's stay away I'm happy!!

Good luck with your new Mango tree...I hope you get to taste at least one this summer.

Sponsored
Hoppy Design & Build
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Northern VA Award-Winning Deck ,Patio, & Landscape Design Build Firm