Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
reb1136

Jackfruit seeds

reb1136
12 years ago

I wondering if anyone had any jackfruit seeds they would like to sale?

Comments (18)

• Phamaily
    12 years ago

I have a plant/tree, if interested give me an offer....it's from seed.

• marinfla
    12 years ago

email me to make arrangements :)

• bsbullie
    12 years ago

email me if you would like some Mai 1 seeds

• marinfla
    12 years ago

The seeds I have are Bangkok Lemon.

Rob- Thanks for the Mai-3 seeds, it may seem like it should be too soon for me to tell you that the seedlings are almost 1 inch tall already!! It was barely 2 1/2 weeks ...that is crazy. If they all do very well I will have toooo many :)
    PS Excalibur called me today..they have an 16 or 18 lb Mai variety not sure which one. If they cut it up I may go get a pound and taste it to compare it to Bangkok Lemon

• bsbullie
    12 years ago

let me know if it is the Mai 2...I will send you an email.

• dnt72800
    12 years ago

Would love to have some seeds as well...if possible.

• annonalover
    12 years ago

Hello bsbullie!

I have a question. What is your opinion about the Mai 1? I just planted a graftling early this Spring. I am curious as to how it stacks-up against other cultivars. Thanks for your feedback.

Vince

• bsbullie
    12 years ago

To start with I have by no means tasted all varieties but from what I have tasted I would say it is up with the best. Very similar in texture and sweetness of the Bangkok Lemon. While I liked the complexity of flavor of the Mai 3 possibly better, the Mai 3 I had was not as sweet as the Bangok and Mai 1. As any fruit, this may be variable depending on tree, climate, nutrition, etc. The fruit I tasted from a Bankoj that weighed in at about 60ilbs or more was not quite a good as that I have had from specimens in the 15-30 lb. range. The fruit from the larger specimen was a little drier and not quite as sweet (but still good nonetheless). I would not get rid of it just because you may be unsure of the quality. If it is a true grafted Mai 1, it will reward you with great pleasure in a few years.

Rob

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

Bsbullie

How would you compare Mai3 to Tabouey x J-30? I have a seedling from Jacob who got the seeds from Harry. How long does a seedling take to fruit in South Florida?

JF

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

Here it it is 3' and it has branched out nicely. I've had it for about 5 months, I don't remember how long Jacob had it. I might put it in the ground soon so it set its roots in the winter.
    JF

• bsbullie
    12 years ago

I have not had the Tabouey x J-30, sorry. Harry, ahem :)

That is a nice looking plant from see, usually they are more spindly, taller with less brancing at that height. Studies have shown that jackfruit grown from seed fruits at an earlier age than from graft (the opposite of motse fruit). From the studies, you could have the potential for fruit in as little as 3 years from seed whereas the potential from grafted is 4 years. Granted, there are always the exception to the "rule", if there truly is a rule.

Rob

• hmhausman
    12 years ago

While I have obviously tasted the Tabouey x J-30, I have never tasted Bangkok Lemon. Since the Tabouey x J-30 is a seedling that I obtained throught the Fairchild breediung program, there is only one other person in the entire world has tasted it. And, coincidentally, he is also experienced with tasting the Bangkok Lemon. Murahilin....what have you to say?

Harry

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

wow, I feel privilege Harry, but I won't be able to try it until 3 years according to Bsbullie, I'm looking forward to try this experimental Jackfruit,

JF

• murahilin
    12 years ago

Jfernandez,
    The Bangkok Lemon jackfruit was better tasting than the Tabouey x J-30, but since you are growing a seedling it could taste much different.

• jfernandez
    12 years ago

murahilin

thanks. I'll try to get the Tabouey x J-30 to fruit well see.

JF

• NatsGarden123
    12 years ago

I bought this Jackfruit form Excalibur..its not rip yet BUT i cant wait to eat it. Its a MAI 1.. If anyone wants some seeds.. I will have more than I need to plant

• jacob13
    12 years ago

Hello Friends,

Well I must say Joe, that I am very happy to see your tree doing so well, maybe better than any of the ones I have myself...LOL. The trees are about 1.5 years, maybe a few months older. It looks great! Congratulations

- Jacob

• reb1136
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey Rob, Just wanted to say thanks again for the seeds and give a quick update. I gave my dad a few seeds and kept 12 for myself. I spouted all 12 and they are growing well. I will try and post some pics later when i get home from out of town.
    Ray

Sponsored
Thoughtfully Designed Outdoor Living Spaces in Arlington County