Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marinfla

Thinking about plant protection.. some questions came to mind

marinfla
12 years ago

I have been out of commission for the last few weeks and I'm still recovering from a 4 1/2 hr sinus surgery at Univ.of Miami. I haven't been able to go into the yard to check on my trees until today. I found most of my potted trees are majorly infested with ants. This could be a serious problem because they could never be brought inside of my house like this should a hurricane or a winter freeze be in the forecast.

1. Could these ants be causing any adverse issues to my trees/plants?

2. Are there any benefits of the ants being therw that would be worth leaving them alone?

3. If it is best to get rid of them....what is the safest way as not to stress my trees/plants?

AND

4. Is anyone aware of some type of respirator type mask useful to wear while in the garden and where I could buy one? (I am barely 2 weeks post op so that could be the reason why I felt so uncomfortable when I went out there for a while. I think with my severe allergies to molds and mango pollen and God knows what else it would make my gardening life much easier if I made an attempt to protect my messed up sinuses as much as possible. This 4th surgery just about killed me but I love my fruit trees!)

Thank you fellow fruit enthusiasts

Comment (1)