Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
container size for pickering mango tree

Posted by GrassFlats none (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 10:52

Hello All,

im new to the forum, just got a pickering mango tree shipped to me from Pine Island Nursery. I plan on stepping up the size of container from 3 gal to 7 gal to 15 gal. Can i then keep the tree in the 15 gal pot from then on or do i have to go bigger. Thanks for the help!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: container size for pickering mango tree

Congrats on your new mango tree...to answer your question whether you can keep your mango tree in a 15 gallon ( for a maximum pot size) will depend on how big you want you want your tree to reach eventually.

If you decide to keep it in a 15 gallon once the roots completely "fill" the pot you will have learn to trim the roots (many people) including myself is a little nervous doing that,lol...

My 7 year old Glenn is in a 45 gallon pot because I'm not a big fan of trimming roots...though I have done it ( had success and also had killed a tree or two)...its still not one of my favorite things to do :o)

BTW, I also 'pug' (trim/shape) my mango trees once a year...to keep it small and bushy...

o
RE: container size for pickering mango tree

Hi Grassflats...I received your email and responded but I realized that I'm unable to send it to you because you did not choose the email response box on your Profile...this was on the bottom of the email you sent me...Please resend your email with your address, thanks!

Just wanted to let you know...

" (PLEASE NOTE: The member responding to your post has chosen not to reveal his or her email address. Therefore, you cannot reply to this message via email.)"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here