Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More on knowledge

Posted by gnappi 10 (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 30, 11 at 15:45

I've been reading the snippy replies referring a poster to use the search function but bear in mind that the search function usually contains dated material that the poster needs to know something about now.

Some things that could date or otherwise make many or most searches moot.

1. Dated material. If someone wants to know something about obtaining cuttings, it's useless to read posts 6 or more months old. Another example would be cutting availability.

2. Cultivar / race specific Q's are not going to get a decent answer with other races.

3. Geography. I think trees grow in reasonably specific conditions within a range of temperatures or soil, or sunlight needs. Criticizing someone for posting an opinion who is out of one region in say South America versus the southern US does nothing to gain understanding on other places where trees thrive.

Personally I LIKE comments from out of my geographical area and issues pertaining to specificity on a time / date issue no matter how often I see them, after all nobody HAS to read them or comment on those that annoy them.

Maybe a stronger administrative presence here would be a good thing?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More on knowledge

Here is a thread that may help

Here is a link that might be useful: link

o

Thanks for that link jsvand. Did you use the search function to find it?

o

I did actually. Worked great.

o

Sides are splitting here! Sheehan...can you do a search for me on how to avoid this? I'm awful busy. Thanks!

o

Yeah, I did a search on this subject before posting, and there were so many I had to post another.

o

Is this thread about More on Knowledge or Moron Knowledge?? I am beginning to wonder. :=))

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here