Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dwarf Avocado fruit.

Posted by stanofh (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 16:02

Mexicola- extra dwarf fruit. Taste is ok,not the best,but not nearly the worst..creamy. Edible skin,pealed is better. No scooping..peal,salt,and eat around the seed. Or mash if you have the patience. One last-- This tree is pruned to 7' with a goal of no more then 10'. I don't need this to be 20' with thousands of fruit!

photo Picture16436_zps8adbd053.jpg

This post was edited by stanofh on Wed, Oct 9, 13 at 19:32

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dwarf Avocado fruit.

I got a few of those a couple weeks ago and wasn't super sure how to eat them. I ended up eating the skin which wasn't terrific. Peeling first would have been way better, not sure why that didn't occur to me. Half of them ended up going bad b/c I couldn't be motivated to eat them. Are they extra cold hardy? I've seen them up in the Sacramento area and I know it gets cold snaps up there.

o
RE: Dwarf Avocado fruit.

I've heard they are cold hardy for Avocado's. I'm in a z10a USDA,z17 Sunset. I might as well have planted Hass like everybody else if I knew the fruit would be this small.
I might remove even remove it. Start over.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here