Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Fresh Mangosteen

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 12, 09 at 22:16

Hello,
I have been trying to decide if I wanted to try growing mangosteen but decided against it since I know it would be too difficult to grow in the winter. I still would like to try the fresh fruit since I have heard that they are the best(which only makes sense!), but I have seen quite a few online sources and some HUGE price tags for one fruit! I don't mind paying price but I would like the best fruit for the cost. Can anybody help me. Thanks in advance..I can't wait to find out why they call it the Queen of fruit!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Fresh Mangosteen

I longed for years, wanting to try the elusive fresh mangosteen. I finally had the chance to try a fresh fruit grown locally by Bill Whitman over on Miami Beach. Unfortunately, I had built myself up sooo much with anticipation and desire that when I finally tasted it, it was a bit anti-climatic. The fruit is good.......no doubt....sweet with a nice sub-acid balance. But my immediate thought was.....hey, I have had mangos that were better than this. I've since had other fruits from other sources. I still enjoy them when I can get them......but, personally, I'd rather have a great mango or even a nice lychee than a mangosteen...especially based upon the price you have to pay to get one. Now...that being said.....I still want, with all my heart, to grow one of these damned trees and have it fruit for me. But then...I am just a moderately disturbed individual with an obsessive fruit tree growing habit.....I am sure you all can relate.

o

Hi,

Why don't you try to grow a relative to mangosteen instead, named Garcinia laterifolia (Bolivian mangosteen)? It's a smaller tree than mangosteen and easier to grow. This is according to people that I have talked to.

Tomas

o

• Posted by tammysf 9b/10a or sz15/16 (My Page) on
    Tue, Oct 13, 09 at 13:28

I love all tropical fruit: mango, lychee, durian and most of all mangosteen.

When I am in SE Asia they are always the first fruit I go to at the fruit stands. I think they are amazing.

o

We sell Fresh Mangosteen online and deliver in the Miami Florida area. (Some fresh fruit came from Thailand this Monday)

Our fruit is 100% guaranteed: www.fruitfool.com

Here is a link that might be useful: Fruitfool

o

Where is the best place to buy healthy mangosteen trees?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here