Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Copper Sulfate Concerns?

Posted by carbos (My Page) on
Mon, Nov 15, 10 at 12:00

Hello, all. Just wondering about the pros and cons of spraying for fungus with copper sulfate. I know it is touted as an effective treatment for various fungi. But what about drawbacks? Can it harm a mango tree if one isn't careful?
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Copper Sulfate Concerns?

if used correctly spray copper is safe to use, copper itself is organic, sometimes copper sprays are not though (they have chemical surfactants that help them adhere to leaves)

i wouldnt go spray happy with copper if you see fungus unless its on a variety that is known to be susceptible, like Julie here in south Florida

Here is a link that might be useful: Copper Sulfate information

o

Thanks, MK.
I'm actually concerned about a Cogshall in south FL.

o

i wouldnt be, they are pretty anthracnose resistant

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here