Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problem with brown leafs om passion fruit plant

Posted by AnjeC none (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 15, 13 at 15:21

I have a problem with my Passion fruit plant I was hoping someone might be able to help me with.

The plant was grown from seed this year and brought indoors for wintering abouth a month ago. At first I assumed the brown, dead edges of one or two leaves were merely from the stress of being moved into a more dark and warm place than outside (where it was getting chilly) but the problem is slowly spreading.

The rest of the leaves look very healthy and green to my eyes but the plant isn't growing. It soakes up water, but doesn't develop new leaves (could be due to little light in winter).

Any advise would be greatly appreciated as I struggled to germinate this one and would like to winter it.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problem with brown leafs om passion fruit plant

Hmm, what species is this? It's not P.edulis. And I've never had experience with that particular problem. Looks fungal, particularly the lower spot, which seems to have a radial form of damaged tissue with a darker outline on the spreading zone.

o

Hi, your Edulis seedling has some sort of fungus. Be sure to keep the leaves from getting wet, keep it in a cool, dry atmosphere with the brightest light available. Don't over water. Spray with fungicide sparingly.

o

Thank you both. Fungus I can try to deal with. It's already standing in a dry spot. Hardly bright, but with winter here it's the best light I can give it.

Don't know what species it is though, as it's grown from a seed from a random passion fruit.

o

My update:
Passion fruit plant is growing again after being inactive for most of the winter. Since the brown spots were fungus, I did nothing to it, merely snipped of the damaged leaves as the plant grew, figuring plants tend to outgrow fungus. The plant no longer has brown spots.

A few of the new leaves are more typical with 3 point leaves.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here