Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
laura441_gw

Meyer lemon in various stages of fruit

laura441
9 years ago

Hi All!

I have had a Meyer lemon tree for about 1.5 years. It is about 5 feet tall and very vigorous. I brought it in a few days ago because it is getting cold at night here in Maryland. I am concerned because it has lemons in various stages of fruit. I have harvested a few that have been close to yellow and they are the plumpest, juiciest lemons I have ever had. I love that tree! It currently has over 20 lemons on it, only one of which is ripe. I worry that they are sucking energy from the tree. I know that these trees usually flower in the winter...mine has. Yet, it sometimes seems to be flowering constantly. What a prolific tree. I am not sure when to fertilize it again. I recently fed it a citrus nutritional spray (and I fertilized it over the summer with citrus fertilizer) because it had some yellowing leaves with green veins and after searching this site, thought it was an iron deficiency. When should I fertilize it again and should I worry about the lemons that are currently on the tree. They are still green, so I should not pick them right?

I appreciate any help that you can give me!

Laura

PS... I also have a lime tree that has several limes (it is much smaller), and a guava that had lots of guavas this summer, except that the Maryland squirrels seem to have a taste for guavas ;-)

Comments (3)