Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Growth Flush?

Posted by marinfla 10 South Florida (My Page) on
Thu, Nov 11, 10 at 17:12

Is it unusual to have a major growth flush on a mango tree this late in the year after all previous summer growth had hardened off and become dark green? My Keitt tree (planted in the ground) is in the middle of a big flush of new growth and branching out. I wasn't expecting this at all.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Growth Flush?

Did you recently have a few days of hot weather? My Mangoes are trying to produce a new flush after the few days of 90-100F weather. Unfortunately, the weather has recently turned very cold and it got to ~45F last night.

My Carrie has 3 full on bloom panicles and by Glenn, which I topped about a month ago is tyring to push out either new growth or flowers, they are just "swellings" right now so I'm not sure what its going to be. Good luck with your new growth!

o
RE: New Growth Flush?

Wait..didn't Florida just have a big shot of "COOL" wx a week or so ago?...wonder if that followed by a return of heat/moisture caused it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here