Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
3 new additions to my tropical fruit collection.

Posted by andrew78 6 (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 24, 10 at 18:02

Today I recieved 3 new tropical fruit trees that I bought from Jay's sale. I got a 'Bell' carambola, a seedling cacao, and a seedling grumichama.

I was very impressed with Jay's trees. Not that I was surprised by the quality, but I am very satisfied. The starfruit doesn't look like it will be too far away from fruiting. It all ready has nice thick trunks but I know they will need to continue to thicken to support the fruit. I cannot wait to get to try a "real" starfruit.

The grumichama is awesome! I never knew how ornamental the tree itself was. I am very excited to see how they will do.

If anyone has thought about buying from Jay, I would recommend buying from him. Great quality trees at a fraction of the cost pf most places.

I also forgot to mention the 'Honey Heart' cherimoya.
Thanks again Jay!
I will try to post pictures this weekend once the chaos of the holiday subsides!
Andrew

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 3 new additions to my tropical fruit collection.

Thanks Andrew... Funny though...the plants were actually just weeds I pulled from the yard before any freeze hit us! Sucker born every minute! :)

o

Hey Jay, LMAO! That's a good one!
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Andrew

o

The cherimoyas, macadamias, feijoas, etc. registered by Orton Englehart end with "hart" instead of "heart". He was a very accomplished CRFG member and developed and contributed many fruits we enjoy today. Google his name and appreciate the man. who also invented the Rainbird sprinkler.

o

I guess I am in the dark, Jay, you have a website or something?

o

Hope you're not implying I meant disrespect by misspelling the name of a cultivar? We all have misspelled something out of lack of knowledge or laziness...but disrespect? Never. It is nice to learn about someone who was a pioneer in this field and responsible for many fine fruit.

o

No disrespect assumed. Don't find that on plant forums. Orton was quite the character and contributed greatly to our enjoyment today. Many of us who collect avocados are trying to find a tree of Creamhart that Orton registered. He passed away long ago and someone, somewhere has Creamhart and we would like scionwood to keep this avocado around. Any help?

o

You think your going to get your cocoa to flower/fruit?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here