Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bug problems in my avocado and soursop.

Posted by tropicalgrower89 10b (My Page) on
Wed, Nov 9, 11 at 19:01

I've been noticing for the past couple of weeks these white circular marks under the leaves and I even spotted the white fly itself on one of my avocado leaves. I've also been having problems with aphids on my soursop. There are also lots of bugs and pests under the leaves of my manzano banana.

I found out that green lacewings eat aphids, whiteflies, and other pests that harm the trees: http://www.google.com/products/catalog?pq=white+fly&hl=en&sugexp=ppwl&cp=21&gs_id=i&xhr=t&q=green+lacewing+larvae&gs_upl=&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.,cf.osb&biw=1280&bih=609&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=17215233928600276961&sa=X&ei=3xG7TrrwNseXgweMjeXACA&sqi=2&ved=0CFIQ8wIwBw
Or
http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_10104_043V003947867000P?vName=Outdoor Living&cName=PestControl&sName=Insect Killers&sid=KDx20070926x00003a&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=043V003947867000P

Will buying green lace wing eggs be a good idea?
It seems that Sevin isn't doing anything. >:-(

Thanks for your help,

Alexi

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bug problems in my avocado and soursop.

Alexi...I can't speak for others but my experience with these eggs to be a great waste of money, time, and hope. And mine was in a closed and controlled environment...my greenhouse. Maybe you will have more luck with them outside. You may have better luck taking a your hose and spraying the hell out the tree. Have you tried the insecticides that attach to your hose? Knock enough back and hope that natural predators can come in a mop up.

If you bombard the other plants enough...leaving the soursop alone...maybe the bugs will all jump ship to the soursop. It would be a worthy sacrifice!! Sorry...just couldn't resist.

Good luck though. On a positive note...you DID first do a Google search!!! LOL!!

o

LOL I also found this: http://www.drearth.com/products/organic-insecticides-fungicide/

Thanks ohiojay.

o

I'm here all week. Special engagements only. Pricey too.

o

^huh?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here