Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
captainfay

lychee leaves are turning brown and curling

captainfay
9 years ago

hi all, im pretty rookie for this forum as well as for home-gardening, but the time is here to join the community.. i checked a couple of posts here and found some kind of similar problems with lychee leaves compare to mine, but non of them were exactly the same what i have, so i would like to ensure whether my problem is completely uniqe or it is just a different type of sickness of lychee. I live in Hungary which is located in the middle of europe, meaning that we have 4 seasons here, including cold winters below 0 C (usually around -10 C) and warm summers with plenty of sunshine (30+ C). I know it is not the ideal place to grow lychees, but i really want to have my own plants, so i started to grow it from seeds. At summer my lychee was growing superfast and seemed to be healthy, problem started around autumn when we had to move into the flat. I know that is far from ideal circumstances, but i had no other choice and i think it shouldnt effect so dramatic changes. Leaves are started to turn brown and became curly (not to mention my plants have stopped growing, but without natural sunlight it is usual i guess). I took a couple of shots to make easier to diagnose the problem.. I havent used any kind of nutrient or other additional stuffs and I used tropical soil to plant the seeds. I water my plants once a day or once in two days, but i nevet let it "over-watered", so it is not standing in water, and never let the soil completely dried/drain. I would really appreciate any advices and suggestions in order to save and heal my lychees, i think they need to survive only winter somehow.. Thank you!

Comment (1)