Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Brown spots on Rambutan leaves?

Posted by Sparkletts05 none (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 15:31

Hello, I'm wondering if anyone knows what these brown spots are on my Rambutan leaves? They first came up about a week ago as small brown dots and have now grown in size. Here's a picture of the plant in full, it's been about 2 months since it sprouted. The single leaf on the left does not have any unusual spots/markings on it.

photo 0Badges_zps52e60a37.png

Here's a closeup picture of one of the right-sided leaves with the brown spots indicated by red arrows.

photo DSC00653_zps0ab2d194.png

And the other leaf:

photo DSC00651_zps7352dbdc.png

Any help would be much appreciated!

This post was edited by Sparkletts05 on Sat, Dec 14, 13 at 23:29

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Brown spots on Rambutan leaves?

Sparkletts,

Your Rambutan seedling looks healthy to me. Rambutan likes a humid and hot or at least warm environment. I have three of them and when they're out there in the Summer, their leaves always look healthier. Now they're all indoors and their leaves show brown spots and the tips of the leaves also turn brownish. They're now in my patio and I have a warm mister there which helps somewhat.

I wouldn't worry too much about your seedling. Just keep it on your kitchen window where it's warm and moist and it should do ok until it gets to go out in the Summer. All the best to your little one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Tropical Fruits Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here